I love Asian food especially Thai and Japanese so you will see a lot of Asian recipes here and I really hope you will enjoy them!
Thai Cahew Chicken in the traditional version, is stir-fried in a wok. But you can use a non stick pan as well.
I make all these Thai recipe in collaboration with Taste Thai Romania
Thai Cashew Chicken – Kai Pad Med Mamuang Himmapan
- 150 g chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Tapioca flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100 g raw cashew nuts
- 1 dry red chilli
- 100 g sliced green and red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons Thai chilli paste (or to taste)
- 1 red onion or shallot
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- Slice 150 g chicken breast into small pieces
- Coat the chicken pieces with 2 tablespoons of Tapioca flour
- Pour 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large pan and heat until hot.
- Add chicken and fry at medium heat, until golden brown
- Add 100 g raw cashew nuts, 1 dried red chilli, 100 g sliced red and green bell pepper, and fry for 3-4 minutes
- In a small pot, put 2 teaspoons oyster sauce, 2 teaspoon caster sugar, 2 teaspoons Thai chilli paste (or to taste)
- Simmer on low heat until combined (1 minute)
- Over chicken, add sauce, 1 onion cut in 6,1 sliced scallion, 1 chopped garlic clove and fry for 5-6 minutes.