The first time I used unsweetened cream from @ ladorna.romania, I wondered why they took out this product … Because it was needed, I can say now. For diabetics, for children, for very delicate recipes when you need to be able to control the amount of sugar.
Maybe is not a very good looking cake but trust me, is delicious!
Vermicelli Cake – a kind of Kataif
- 9 vermicelli nest
- 200 g butter
- 50 g chopped nuts
- 150 ml water
- 100 g caster sugar
- 50 ml essences : rose, orange, lemon
- 200 ml whipping cream
- In a tray greased with butter put the vermicelli nests and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 5 minutes at medium heat.
- Melt the rest of the butter and pour it warm over the vermicelli.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Meantime boil the syrup, from water and sugar, for 10 minutes at high heat. At the end add the essences.
- Pour the warm syrup over the vermicelli, cover with aluminium foil and after is cooled enough set in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream.