I have this recipe for Olive Stew from my mother in law and I want to say that is one of our favorite dishes.
It is my first entry for Puiul Vegetarian challenge and my opinion about this chicken it’s that it taste GREAT!
It is a very easy to make recipe and need just few ingredients.
Nothing special to make when you cook this but you will get an amazing dinner under 1 hour.
Romanian Chicken & Olive Stew
- 500 g chicken breast
- 2 medium onions
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cans diced tomatoes ( 2 x 400 g )
- ½ glass white wine
- 2 large bay leaves
- 2 lemon slices
- 700 g large black olives
- salt if needed ( usually not )
- Cut the chicken breast into strips.
- Fry at high heat, with 3 tablespoons oil, for 5- 6 minutes, until golden.
- At low heat, add the chopped onions and cook for 10 minutes, lided.
- Add ½ glass of white wine, bay leaves and diced tomatoes.
- Cook for half an hour.
- Soak the olives for at least 10 minutes and drain.
- Add olives and lemon slices, stir and cook for another 5 minutes, no more.
- Salt to taste if needed but usually not and set aside 5 minutes before servings.