Share this post :
This famous Italian Beef Stew is amazing delicious and definetely worth to give it a try!
My family love it and even take a long time to make it, is a very easy recipe.
I chose today to cook the classic recipe. But Milanese version, which doesn’t contain tomatoes is also very tasty!
- double bottomed or iron pan
- 1 kg veal shark
- 50 g butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large onions
- 3 chopped garlic clover
- 2 small carrots
- 200 ml white wine
- 250 ml beef stock
- 1 can chooped tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
for spread over
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 chopped garlic clover
- For 6 servings put 50 gr of butter and a teaspoon of oil in a cast iron pan
- Dredge the shanks through flour and shake well. Cut the edges of shanks in a few places.
- Fry them on medium to high heat, until browned,3-4 minutes on each side.
- Take them out and set aside in a covered dish.
- Chop 2 large onions and saute them in the butter left in the pan. Cover and cook for 10 min on a low heat. Stir from time to time.
- Clean and chop 2-3 cloves of garlic and dice 2 small carrots. Add the carrots and garlic over the onion and mix well.
- Put the meat on top. Pour 200 ml of white wine. Cover and cook for 10 min on a low heat
- Add a can of chopped tomatoes and approx. 250 ml soup (stock)
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours, turning the meat every quarter of an hour.
- Traditionally, ossobuco is seasoned with a mixture made by mix 2 teaspoons of lemon zest, 2 tablespoons green parsley, 1 chopped clove of garlic
- This mixture gives the specific taste of this dish
- Thank you until next time!
Video on YouTube have subtitle in English.
Share this post :