Share this post :
Macaroni with cheese, raisins, sour cream and yogurt
This Sweet Mac & Cheese is a Romanian, traditional recipe. It is a dessert and a meal in the same time. Can be served warm or cold, at breakfast or dinner. It is so versatile!
The original Romanian name, it is, in fact “Cheese pudding”.
I must point out that it’s one of the easiest recipes EVER! Just put all ingredients in a large bowl, mix them, and bake.
Romanian Sweet Mac and Cheese
- tray / casserole / yena – 39×24 cm
- 500 g macaroni
- 300 g cottage cheese
- 180 g caster sugar ( 10 tablespoons )
- 5 large eggs (or 6 small ones)
- 180 g sour cream ( 10 tablespoons )
- 180 g yogurt ( 10 tablespoons )
- 100 g raisins
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar ( 20 g )
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 15 ml your favorite essence (oranges, lemons, rum, almonds …)
- 50 g butter
- 30 g butter for greasing the tray
- 3 tablespoons white breadcrumbs for sprinkle on tray
- Boil the pasta in 2-3 liters of boiling water with a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of oil, for 8 minutes, low heat.
- Pour the pasta into a strainer and rinse with cold water. Set aside to drain.
- Generously grease the pan with butter.Sprinkle a small handful of breadcrumbs as much of the pan's interior as you can. Shake the loose particles of flour across the pan to evenly distribute to completely cover the pan.Invert the pan and tap out any excess breadcrumbs.Set aside.
- In a large bowl (capacity 3 liters) pour the pasta and add all the other ingredients. Mix well with your hand in upward motions or with two tablespoons (as for a salad).
- Pour the composition into the greased pan. Place butter cubes on top, as small as possible.
- Bake at 180 degrees (low to medium heat) for 80 minutes or until browned on top.
- It can be served hot but it is preferable cooled for at least 30 minutes. In that way it will cut easy and nicer. It's also very good cold, from the fridge ( maybe even better! ). Enjoy!
Share this post :